Jaci

Jaci
My beautiful daughter

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

726 days and counting....




Sunday will be the second anniversary of loss of my baby girl. 726 days today. The two longest years I can ever imagine, it seems like 2 million years since I got to hug my daughter. To listen to her tell me about her day or hear her and her boyfriend laugh and giggle together. I remember the day before, she cooked supper for us and eventhough it was only Hamburger helper I remember thinking it tasted so good. I remember when she walked out the door-then came running back in because she forgot my car keys, if only I'd known that would be the last time I'd ever see her I'd have stopped her and wrapped my arms around her and never let go. She called me a few minutes later....annoyed with me as usual because I asked her to run an errand for me. An errand that would end her life. Sometimes I wonder what would have changed if I would have been the one to go? Would her precious life have come to an end that day anyway? God was calling her home and she had to go. I miss her so much, the hole is my heart is enormous. I pray for the day when peace will fill it up and overcome me.

We are gathering at the Cemetary Sunday evening to honor her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment