Jaci

Jaci
My beautiful daughter

Monday, January 18, 2010

January 17, 2010

Well, yesterday was the second anniversary of the loss of my baby girl. I can't believe it's only been 2 years. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I didn't break down one time. I don't know if God's working his healing power or maybe the breakdown will hit me today, tonight, who knows. Maybe all the breakdowns I had last week were enough for the weekend too? I miss her so much, I can't believe how bad it hurts, how empty it leaves you inside. I thought losing my mom was devastating. Man, that was easy compared to this. Two years ago today I started my life without Jaci. 730 days since I last got to see her. It's so hard to imagine life going on without her. But it does and we don't have a choice. I know she is in such a wonderful place now and it's just selfish to want her to be here, but the mommy in me wants her here so I can hug and kiss her again. I see her friends growing up and going on with their lives and it hurts so much to know she isn't alongside them getting to do those same things. I hate thinking that as time goes by people will lose their memory of her. She was such a special person, I just want her memory to live on forever. I was looking around at my small church yesterday morning and realized there are 3 Moms there that share this bond. I see Karen and see that there can be life after this and that you can be happy and have a (somewhat) normal life again someday. I just wish I could get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment