Jaci

Jaci
My beautiful daughter

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One of those days...

Wow, I can't believe so much time has passed since I last posted. Today has just been one of those days so I thought I'd get on and write a little and see if that helps. I was looking at pictures of Jaci today-she was such a beautiful young lady. I try to imagine how much her looks would have changed over the past 3 1/2 years. I wonder if she would be in college or would she have chosen a different path. One of her best friends is graduating this week and it brings back so many memories. I still have a hard time believing my daughter is gone. We recently moved about 15 miles away and I thought it would be so hard to pack her room and leave, and don't get me wrong, it was very hard, but somehow I have come to a peaceful place with it. Eventhough I left her room behind, I have all her things in pretty pink tubs and I think it's kinda made it easier for all of us to not walk past her room every day. I don't mean that in a bad way, we miss it, but I think it was time for us all to take that step and sort of move on. One day while moving, I was in the car with a load of things (none of them hers) and I SMELT HER!! I think that was her way of telling me it's ok if you go. It's so nice when I get those occasional wifts of her beautiful smell. So many of her things still smell like her and I love to hold them and remember when I had her here to hold. I miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment