Jaci

Jaci
My beautiful daughter

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Well, I can't believe I didn't post on Jaci's Birthday this year (September 23rd). My computer was on the fritz and I couldn't get to the blog. It was a so-so day. I've had better and I've had worse. Birthdays, holidays, or just a random day. It hits you like a ton of bricks. You never know when the smallest thing will trigger a memory that will crush you. Although memories are amazing and I cherish every single one, even the bad ones, but sometimes they can sideswipe you and you are left reeling from the damage. I am truly amazed at how many people remembered my sweet girl with texts or posts on Facebook. You never realize how much someone touches lives until they are gone. We went out the Sunday before her birthday and cleaned up at the wreck site, put new flowers and pics up. I have only been out there a few times in the past 5 1/2 years. It's just so hard to be at the place where she left us. We also put out new pics and cleaned up the cemetary. She has such a beautiful resting place, I love going out and finding new things people have left. Some things are so odd to us (a beer bottle) but I'm sure to her and someone else they have wonderful memories. For now I will cherish the sweet memories of my sweet girl and try not to let them catch me off guard. I love you Jaci Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment