Jaci

Jaci
My beautiful daughter

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quilt

About a year ago I came up with an idea to have a quilt made of some of Jaci's clothes. I found a lady here in town who actually had lost her son in an accident and she volunteered to make it. Now, almost a year later, I got up the courage to go thru her things, give the lady a call and today she came over and we went thru different patterns and made decisions on design etc. It was hard to watch Jaci's things leave the house, but I can't wait to see the quilt, to wrap up in special memories will all be worth it. I went in her room last night and just sat on her bed and smelt her. I love that her room still smells like her and it's been almost two whole years!! I so dread the day when that smell fades and I lose another piece of her. But for now, I love to open her door and have that smell come over me. Hope everyone has a blessed Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment